This is the appendix to the Connection Manifesto.
These are the books and blogs we highly recommend to help you in Step One: Connect with Yourself.
- Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert shows you that what you think will make you happy isn’t what will actually make you happy, and explains how to figure out what will actually make you happy.
- On Simplicity, a blog about happy living through simple living.
- SARK’s Journal, a blog about appreciating everything even when it’s hard.
- Charlie Gilkey of Productive Flourishing writes about how to be productive while still being creative, playful, and free.
- Getting Things Done by David Allen explains a very particular system, but even if that system’s not for you, the principles are super useful.
- Personal Development for Smart People by Steve Pavlina gives you a framework for improving all aspects of your life.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey isn’t about whipping yourself into being “effective”, it’s about developing and practicing skills that will make you happier, more likeable, and more fulfilled.
- Havi Brooks and her duck Selma of The Fluent Self write about getting unstuck and improving your habits.
The Connection Paradigm
- Ishmael by Daniel Quinn illustrates the paradigm we live in today, which he calls Mother Culture.
- The Story of B by Daniel Quinn develops these ideas further, and talks about what happens when you go against the grain of the dominant paradigm.
- The Paradigm Conspiracy by Christopher Largent and Denise Breton talks about how we can heal the dominant paradigm and thereby heal the world.
If you have your own recommendations, feel free to leave a comment below!
Also, click here to sign up for the World-Changer Weekly and we’ll get you connected, supported, and changing the world!